Are you looking for a camp stove that will at least make your camping trip be less of a hassle? Better yet, are you just looking for a stove that will not start a fire? You might just find what you are looking for in this article as we are going to take a look at three propane camp stoves and we will determine the best propane camp stove amongst them.
With that in mind, for us, the best propane camp stove should be the one that not only keeps its light ablaze for a long time but is also very easy to use. An added bonus, of course, is the fact that it should not be a fire hazard. Are you now curious to learn what you should get? Read on to find out.
Gas One Dual Fuel Portable Propane & Butane Gas Stove
This camp stove has a size dimension of 5.3 x 4.4 x 1.7 inches and approximate weight of less than three pounds. It is equipped with an ignition that is piezoelectric. That means that you do not have to use a lighter or match to ignite the flame. At the same time, you can use both propane and butane fuel with it. For the butane cartridge, it should be eight ounces in capacity while for the propane cylinder, it should be 16.4 ounces.
What is better is that there is also a safety feature that lies in the built-in cartridge ejection system which also has a pressure sensor. This can abruptly eject the cartridge when it senses that there is irregular pressure. In addition, a mechanism that cuts off the flow of the gas is also present.
This product is also integrated with a regulator propane converter. For this, you have to connect the adapter hose first to the stove, and only until then, can you connect the propane tank. Another thing to note is the heat dial is adjustable. Additionally, the product has also been integrated with a four, anti-slip legs that are made of rubber.
- Compatible with two different fuels
- Extremely lightweight
- Effortless to transfer from one place to another
- Very easy to set up and use
- Keeps flame ablaze for a long time
- Can withstand harsh winds and heavy rains
- Can hold a significant amount of different sized pans
- Gas efficient
- Stays in place when used
- Propane hose breaks easily
- Heat control is not very precise
- Only has one burner
- The amount of heat produced is hard to adjust.
- Once the hold of the main knob breaks, your fire will also be put out.
Texsport Rainier Compact Dual Burner Propane Stove
This camp stove is made of heavy gauge steel that has been finished with baked enamel. For added durability, the integrated grid has been plated using chrome. This product is also equipped with two burners that are not just adjustable but also have an anti-clog feature wherein each one can hold up to 10,000 BTU. However, the needed metal socket injector valve, which will be able to fit 14.1 ounces or 16 ounces of propane cylinder, is not included with your purchase.
Nonetheless, this 11 x 18 x 12-inch, nine-pound stove has side and rear windscreens. Not that it cannot keep the flames ablaze, but it is still a good safeguard against the harsh climate that you might experience while camping.
- The flame flow is very easy to adjust.
- Easy to assemble and carry around
- Has two burners
- Fire stays strong for long periods
- Distributes the heat evenly across the pan or pot
- Small propane cans or bottles can be used
- Can only hold small to medium pans and pots
- Windscreens should be used at all times
- Paint rubs of easily
- Legs are just removable clips that easily break off
- Does not stay still when used
- Does not have a bottom cover
- The other burner cannot be used when a large pan is used.
Masterbuilt 20020413 Double-Burner Propane Camp Stove
This time, you have a 33 x 24.6 x 34.1 inches and 26.1 pounds freestanding or tabletop camp stove. This is the case because it is equipped with long, removable legs. It also comes with a propane regulator hose kit and the whole product is made of different steel materials.
In addition, it has two aluminum burners that can be individually adjusted to low, medium, or high with the help of its oven-style controls. Such can also accommodate a lot of different sizes of pans. Hence, you can use it for boiling water, frying meat, and cooking complicated meals. Another great feature is that it has rain guards and a shield to help deflect strong winds. Further, to ignite a flame, you only need to push a button.
- Easy to adjust, set up, carry around, and use
- The high setting really gives off a strong flame.
- Maintains flame for a long time
- Excellent customer service
- Works well with cast iron pans
- Can boil something in just two minutes
- Adjustable and stable legs
- You can cook two dishes at a time
- Flame can be put off by strong winds
- Gets so hot easily that it might burn the bottom of your pans
- Legs can only be adjusted to a certain extent
Best Propane Camp Stoves: The Conclusion
When it comes to convenience of using, installing, and transporting camping stoves, all of the three products we have discussed above meet such requirements. In terms of cooking while camping, they are also all reliable stoves as they can keep the flame alive for hours.
However, if we have to choose one from the three camping stoves that we mentioned, our top pick is the Masterbuilt 20020413 Double-Burner Propane Camp Stove. Even though it is relatively new in the market, it is rapidly gaining a reputation for a good reason. It does its job, and it goes about it with finesse. Also, we all know that you will not camp alone. You will be with your relatives, friends, or co-workers, and this product can prepare a lot of dishes in no time.
Surely, this stove will be a very reliable addition to your camping needs!